The 21st century is the age of social media undoubtedly. There are approx. 4.20 billion active social media users in the world, which means 15% of the world’s population. Only Gmail has 1.5 billion active users globally. Email Marketing is the best strategy for the business world to gain real and active customers. Email marketing has been around forever and for good reason. It is the most effective way of connecting with your leads, nurturing them, and turning them into customers.
However, it is much more to a brand than a simple means of communication. Various studies and reports have shown just how useful tool email marketing truly is, and, when done right, it can pack a powerful punch.
In order to understand email marketing in a broad way, let us discuss the term “email marketing” or what is email marketing?
Definition of Email Marketing
In a general sense, Email marketing is the best act of sending a commercial message to the audience by using email. Every email sent to a current customer could be called email marketing. It involves sending an advertisement, business request, product-related information, or mail regarding sale or purchase.
Three Primary Objectives of Email Marketing
- To build loyalty.
- To build trust.
- To build brand awareness.
Major Steps of Email Marketing
Creating strong and perfect email marketing will help you to connect and reach your targeted audience in personalized ways and increase your sales at an affordable cost. The following steps will surely help you in your email marketing strategies-
- Set your Measurable Goals:– Framing your goals holds your programme accountable and also gives a framework for you to see how the campaigns are improving.
- Select the Email Template:- Choose your email template or build one from scratch. Your template will help the customer to understand your digital marketing campaigns easily.
- Write Enticing Email Copying:- Email copywriting demands proper time, dedication, and focus. Consider tackling each email copy component individually to make the entire task seem less overwhelming.
- Follow the Emails Regulations to Stay out of the Spam Folder:- Whether you are creating beautiful and engaging email campaigns, some recipients may still want to unsubscribe.
- Review, Test and Send your Email Marketing Campaign:- Compiling and using a pre-send email checklist to decrease your chance of sending email campaigns with mistakes
- Evaluate your Results:- You should be spending as much time measuring your email campaigns as building them. It will help you in future to evaluate what thing you should do or not for your email marketing campaigns.
Why is Email Marketing Important?
With the rise of social networking sites, email is the most effective way to communicate with customers and nurture leads. The meaning of a successful email marketing strategy will encourage signups to your product, generate website traffic and improve your Return of Investment (ROI).
Approximately 281 billion emails are sent and received every day. This figure will be increased in 2023, to around 347 billion daily emails.
The are three reasons you should make email marketing one of your first priority-
- Email is the number 1 communication channel.
- You create your own customer list
- Email marketing is the best way to make online sales.
As technology continues to advance, so does a customer’s expectations. As most of them are accustomed to overflowing inboxes filled with offers from their favourite brands, they expect more from the emails they receive. If you are starting from the ground up, there are several things you will want to keep in mind to ensure that you are sending the best email messages you can send to your subscriber list.
With a simple and easy email checklist, you will navigate an email from end to end with helpful tips and reminders to help ensure every email you send not only looks great but gets opened, read, and acted on by your subscribers.